A Favorite Anti-Aging Meal
by Nils Osmar. January 1, 2022
One of my favorites at the moment is a breakfast of scrambled eggs with anchovies, tomatoes and broccoli. I eat breakfast around noon most days.
The ingredients are:
- Two or three organic pastured eggs. According to a Healthline article, pastured eggs are from “chickens are allowed to roam free, eating plants and insects (their natural food) along with some commercial feed.” Their nutrient levels tend to be significantly higher than those in commercial eggs. They are rich in choline, which appears to reduce inflammation and promote healthy brain functions, including memory. The yolks are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which are beneficial to eye health. Pastured eggs are from chickens given free range at all times to the outdoors)
- Wild Planet Wild White Anchovies in olive oil. Anchovies are one of the key foods eaten by the folks in the Italian village (Acciaroli) which has 150 x more centenarians, per population, than anywhere else in the world. According to an NPR article, more than 1/3 of the people there are over 100 years old. 20 percent more are 110 or older. Alzheimer’s and other diseases of aging are almost unknown.
- Wild organic rosemary. (Another staple in the diet in Acciaroli)
- Organic onions and garlic. Both are rich in sulfur, which helps bind to and remove heavy metals from the body.
- Organic broccoli. Rich in sulforaphane and in spermidine. Removes benzene and other pollutants from the body. Greatly slows the growth of some types of cancer.
- Organic tomatoes. “Activates” sulforaphane to make it even more effective against prostate cancer and some other types of cancer.
- Organic parsley. Rich in apigenin, which protects NAD+ levels in the body.
- Organic aged cheese (cheddar or brie). 5 year old cheddar is a favorite. Rich in spermidine.
- Shiitake mushrooms. Rich in spermidine.
- Cooked over low heat in a ceramic non-stick pan. (Teflon pans have toxic chemicals; ceramic pans appear so far to be a safer alternative).
How about you? Feel free to post information about your favorite anti-aging foods, and why you view them as anti-aging, below.
More recipes please. You are an aspiring human being.
More recipes is a good idea 🙂 Thanks for your support, Jason