by Nils Osmar. September 10, 2022. Medical Disclaimer
- This pyramid is focused on what we can do now, with currently available interventions.
- When better medical interventions come along, they may end up replacing exercise and nutrition at the base of the pyramid.
- By “nutrition”, I’m referring to certain nutrients the human body needs to function well, not any particular diet – nutrients that are necessary to life whether they’re being provided by vegan, vegetarian, Mediterranean, omnivorous, ketogenic, ancestral, or carnivore diets. (Dr. Rhonda Patrick’s videos are a good source of information about the wide range of nutrients that are necessary to health, which we often don’t obtain if we’re eating standard processed diets.)
- “Fasting” includes both intermediate and prolonged fasting.
- Time in nature would fit somewhere under “Less stress, better sleep”.
- “Exercise” would include resistance training and also approaches such as HIIT and aerobics.
- So, more notes may be needed around the margins to be comprehensive
Want to support this website?
If you like the content of this website, you can support it in two ways:
- Donating through my Buymeacoffee account: buymeacoffee.com/nilsosmar
- Buying anti-aging supplements and products from DoNotAge.org using the discount code PATHWAYS. (DoNotAge is my channel’s sponsor; when you use the discount code, you’ll be buying high quality supplements developed to support healthy aging and life extension, and the channel will receive a small payment, enough to keep us going)